Saturday, September 26, 2009

titles

Is it only in the English language that we take words with perfect meanings and trans mute them into pale images of what they once were? So Master is a high title that gives those in the bdsm world some significance. How can you be a master when you have mastered nothing? They have not spent and eternity studying they have not taken a vanilla and mastered them so that they become the slave. The slave if taken that way would be non consensual and the master a monster by today’s standards.

The slave is not coerced nor forced they give of themselves freely there is no mastering. So why do they call themselves masters? Lack of a better word perhaps fear they will not be seen as they wish to perhaps it is to give a better feeling to their slaves master just does not seem right at least to take by yourself I can accept it if the slave gives it to me says you have master me but to use such titles for my own ego I wonder why you would need it.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Because, Master CLoud, an awful lot of people want to be powerful, but are unwilling to take the long road to get there.

We live in an age of instant gratification. People rarely think any more. as I understand it, you enjoy planning sweet tortures almost as much as actually inflicting them, and you enjoy reminiscing about them as well! But most people don't want the bother of planning - planning is WORK.

As you indicated, I think many people call themselves Master, too impatient for someone to name them thus.

A "true" Master doesn't need titles - his or her self-esteem is just fine without them!

In "Cleopatra", Elizabeth Taylor gives Rex Harrison one of the greatest compliments I've heard yet:

"Except for you, the world is full of little men."

There are a lot of little men and little women in the world. They sulk and sneak and steal their way to positions of "authority", yet possess no self-discipline.

I consider myself fortunate to have met a True Master.