Monday, October 12, 2009

A thought

Of Pride and Prejudice.

IF any one to say they know me then they would have the understanding that I love old English plays/ I regularly (not as often as I would like to) go to the Shakespeare festival and the Shaw festival, I love the plays such as the ideal husband and pride and prejudice and watch them with a passion when on Television.

One of the reasons I have stopped using messenger and refuse to be a Twitter. I enjoy the letter writing of the plays and of those days/ Top hats and canes a certain politeness permeated society. The letter was key to this I feel as it allowed thought to be expressed and transmitted not just reactive conversation. If you received a letter it was treated as a treasure informing you of events, thought feelings it conveyed or transported the writer of the letter and their ideals to be in your presence and you read and studied every word and phrase. Then after thought you replied with the expressions of emotions that had been stirred by the content of the letter.

Now we must dash off an email send a text or twit. Knowledge of every little event must be known to the list of friends in seconds so they can dash off a hasty reply before anyone else on the list of recipients.. Heaven forbid that we take time to think no we must send within seconds or we are a bad friend for not dropping everything a nd quickly come up with the perfect response in seconds to a request.

I think it falls back to one thing Protocols and how much should you espouse of your self. Yes I know a lifestyle based on slavery as asexuality there is going to be a lot of exposure I mean perhaps the allure for me was and still is in the closet. The idea of taking a successful elegant woman and stripping her down to a naked slave for you is a thought with great strength for me having a weak character saying I will do anything just take care of me take all control for me does not intrigue me as much. I enjoued the days of hanky codes and the people that possessed the strength to go to a club with a hanky describing their desires through the colour and placement of a hankie is far more inviting to me then those that use the lifestyle as a fashion statement or trend of the in crowd. I feel the strength of the lifestyle and of the people in it has been water down by the lack of protocols and how fast things happen with out thought behind them.

I was one that at first was happy for great acceptability and openness of the new order but now after I have seem what it has produces I would have to say that I am saddened by it and think the strength and vitality of the community lay in the clandestine and secretive nature it once had. The allure and excitement of it was caused by the strength of the people in it and hard it was to participate in this form of extremes and sexuality. It is why I do not attend a lot of events nor private parties and tend to be most comfortable communication with more extreme players as they tend to keep more to themselves as they are still sort of shunned by the fashion lifestylers who wear their desires rather than experience them.

I will not chastise them for doing so that is their kink it the just does not hold an allure for me. If a dominant must perform and dress for the crown some thing is wrong is that not making the dominant a slave to the crowds? The definition of a slave for me always starts with naked so having one dressed t please their vanity does not sit well with me slaves not have vanity or are at least not allowed it in my idea of a slave.

I guess I am just getting old it is that time of year where thought journeys more to the past the thoughts of the future and memories of the strong characters that I have had the pleasure of enslaving. So in the sprit of Thanksgiving a note of thanks to those that wore my collar. To those dominant I call friend as we share the same ideals thank you for your strength and commitment to ideals.

No comments: