Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Safe , I don't think so!

Safe is not a word I would ever use in the description of the lifestyle or those in it. I find it is used too often and more as a carrot to entice then anything else. Many years ago when clubs were dark and dank hankie codes were the only way of communicating. In that time there were many combination of where the hankie was and it’s colour which stated what the person was and into. Now I have racked my brain and I do not remember any combination of the above that would tell you some one was safe.

Now I do realize that there is a great trend in the vanilla world to rubberize everything we have to where helmets to ride a bike, our children cannot play tag because it is aggressive and the list goes on and on. I think if you join a football team you know that there is a chance of injury. I do not remember any team stating they were safe. Hockey no, Lacross no anywhere or time there is physical contact of an aggressive nature there is a chance of injury. No one I know of would look me in the eyes and say I play contact sports because I know I am safe from injury.

So for me the word safe should not be used so liberally. The lifestyle is not safe it is an extreme sexual foreplay at the least. It can hurt your body you mentality and your self worth. It is not meant for the weak of mind and should not be water down in anyway to please the trend set in the vanilla world or make it easier for acceptance. Like an extreme sport you have to know the rules and risks going in. This one there are no rules set in stone. I do not believe that there is a save way versus an unsafe way to participate. You cannot rely on another’s experiences to keep you safe. You have to read, go to munches and play parties where you can watch and see. You have to realize that a spanking in a fantasy is one thing and not sitting down for a few days without jumping out of your skin might not be the experience you are looking for. So before asking for twenty tight ones with a cane try a few ass slaps first.

Last tid-bit of this semi rant. YOU whether Dom or slave, submissive or top are making the decision to play you and only you are responsible for your safety. If because some one says they are safe or if you do it this way it is safe does not mean your safety is ensured.

No comments: