Sunday, June 28, 2009

Fear is a good thing

Man is subject to innumerable pains and sorrows by the very condition of humanity, and yet, as if nature had not sown evils enough in life, we are continually adding grief to grief and aggravating the common calamity by our cruel treatment of one another. (J.A.Froude)

Would seem that Mr Froude would agree with me that we are cruel to each other part of our make up I guess. Why then should we change what we are?

Fear is a good thing in my opinion. Fear has kept the human race going for years without it Lions, Tigers and bears would rule. Fear intensifies our senses and causes the elevation of all sorts of endorphins. Something, which also provides flight for subs and slaves, seems funny does it not to say that we should not use fear in sessions and relations if it intensifies the feelings?


Now as far as cruelty would not stabbing someone with needles, beating them with tack paddles or whipping them till they hang from the chains they have be bound to. They certainly are not signs of love in the vanilla world, which J. A. Froude is a staunch member of, So while his words have the most meaning in that dimension they might well be out of context in the lifestyle.

Nope I think fear has its’ place in the toy bag and like any other toy must be used properly. One of the games you could say that need fear hmmm lets see I think it is called a mind fuck with out fear then it will not work. So I will stand by my words and go further fear greatly enhances emotions in a Master/slave relation. It keeps an edge that cannot be found elsewhere.

2 comments:

morningstar said...

i think Cloud that you missed my point......... i was talking about fear of a Dominant .. not fear of a session.. or fear of toy.. or fear of a mind fuck..

AND i stand by my opinion that fearing a Dominant is not something i would advocate.


morningstar (owned by Warren)

CLoud said...

No I fully understand your point I just do not agree with it. Ithink fearing a Dominant just a little might not only give you extra emaotions it would also keep you alert as it did our ancestors. Perhaps if more had more fear then trust , less would get into trouble. so no I do not want them to trust me totally I am human as are we all.

I do enjoy seeing fear in slaves, that is just me.